By participating in the "Dream Shoe Giveaway" (the "Sweepstakes") each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Arthur Beren Shoes of 88 Kearny Street, Suite 1450, San Francisco, CA 94108, ("Sponsor"), which are final and binding on all matters. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
1. SWEEPSTAKES TIME FRAME: The "Sweepstakes" begins at 12:01 am PST on April 01, 2015 and ends at 11:59 pm PST on April 30, 2015 ("Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes consists of one drawing (the "Drawing") which is more fully set forth below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States, excluding the states of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, Texas, and Colorado, and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Officers, directors and employees of Arthur Beren Shoes (the "Sponsor"), and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), and persons who have won any other prize valued in excess of $600 in any Arthur Beren contest in the past six (6) months are not eligible to participate or win. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. This Sweepstakes is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. Entries must be received on or after April 01, 2015 12:01 am PST and before 11:59 pm PST on April 30, 2015. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may access the Sweepstakes by visiting the URL (http://www.berenshoes.com), entering an email address into the signup area and clicking the "Sign Up" button. Completion of the online registration automatically entitles the entrant to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes drawing. One (1) entry per person/household/email address. Entries may not be mailed, faxed or otherwise delivered in any manner except as provided above. By entering, entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Sweepstakes rules (exact compliance is essential); (b) to accept as final and binding the decisions of the Sponsor, judge(s) and their agents in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; and (c) that all entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by entrants; lost entries or transmissions, interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions or the computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof; or problems associated with any virus or any other damage caused to entrants' systems. All eligible entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. The Website's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. All required information on the Application must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. No entries by facsimile, overnight courier, or delivery service.
Entry must be made only by the entrant, at the Website. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the use of any device to automate the entry process, is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: The winner will be determined by a random drawing. All valid entries will be combined into a single pool, and from that pool winners will be selected in a random drawing within two (2) days of the end of the sweepstakes. A potential winner will be notified by e-mail using the contact information given at the time of entry within two (2) days of the applicable Drawing. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period for the applicable Drawing. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within two (2) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winner(s) of an applicable prize in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner(s) of such applicable prize after such attempts have been made, if any, such prize may go unawarded.
5. PRIZE: One pair of shoes, with a value of up to $500 selected by the winner.
Only one prize (One pair of shoes valued up to $500) per winner. All prizes will be awarded. No substitution or transfer of any prize or election of cash in lieu of any prize by winner will be permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are nontransferable and non-assignable. Prizes will be awarded only if the/each potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prizes pictured in point-of-sale, online, or any other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All federal, state, and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winners of prizes valued over $600 will be issued IRS 1099 forms for the value of the prize.
6. CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor, agents and representatives of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of any prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes at any time if a computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or other technical problem of any sort corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes or change any element thereof, with or without notice, at any time, due to printing errors, web site errors, transmission errors or other mistakes or problems in the production or administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any person tampering with the entry process or who is otherwise in violation of the Sweepstakes Rules.
Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees. Entrants agree that, if necessary, all disputes will be resolved in state or federal courts in California exclusively and subject to the laws of the State of California.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold Sponsor its Board members, officers, subsidiaries, affiliates or advertising/promotional agencies and legal advisors, if applicable, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
7. WINNERS' NAMES: To obtain a copy of the winners' names, send your request in writing along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to (Vermont residents may omit return postage): Arthur Beren Shoes "Give-away", ARTHUR BEREN, 88 Kearny Street, Suite 1450, San Francisco, CA 94108, ATTN: Marketing Coordinator. Requests must be received no later than one year from the start date of the sweepstakes.